Amethyst The Platinum Series

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Debate

  Traditional Publishing or Self-Publishing? The pro's & con's... Traditional route, I may not picked up in a timely manner but the pay off could big substantial. They could love it and give me an advance to put it simply. Have more public announcement of the book through media channels.

  Self- Publish, I pay to have my book published up front but it's costly despite the reasonable payment plans. They, too have media access but I'd be paying for it out of pocket. Ouch, it's steep. I would need to sell 2,00 copies to be considered a best-seller & then 'maybe' just maybe a traditional publisher would be more interested in Amethyst & The Platinum Series as well. 
  
  All of this will be a waiting game hoping to get noticed. But the book needs tons of editing & revisions at this point. I'm doing what I can but I'm not an expert on such things. I'll get The Platinum Series: Amethyst in the hands of the readers as soon as I can. I know you're all anxious to read the story. I've been working on this for almost a complete year, March 28, by brother Patrick's birthday , it will one full year. 
  
 I'm so excited to have the feedback on whether or not my audience responds to my characters, Milican who struggles with life and love and his health. Amelia & Garreth, his parents, Link the best friend, Lily & Vivian as love interests and a large cast of supporting roles of interesting people, more tid bits to come. Thanks, Stephanie =D

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph, love the blog! I've been working on a garden blog of my own. Come check me out and follow:
    http://greenlovegrass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete