Amethyst The Platinum Series

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Writing Style

   This is a fictional book and all the characters are based on at least two or more real people & their personalities. I was once told a piece of wonderful advice by a friend/photographer, 'If you write from the truth then you'll never be wrong'. Thank you Carrigan.
  Another terrific nugget of advice given to me by my generous editor, S. Reece, 'Don't worry about the grammar or the structure that's what an editor is for. You are the only who can be creative and get the story out of your head.' I'm paraphrasing since she told me that over a year ago now. What I take from that is, don't get hung up on the formalities of writing, just write and you'll enjoy it more. And that's what I've done, I do enjoy writing, the story tells itself based on the strong character development I spent a great deal of time working on.
  Once I knew my characters, who they are, what they do, how they think & talk...all of those play a role in their decision making progress & thus guides the story. I let them tell me how to write it within the boundaries I have set.
  Also I've discovered that my writing style is called 'Mosaic', I write the pieces as they come to me not in chronological order. So I do have to go back and add some transitional scenes to bridge the gaps but that's easy. That's how was able the write 350 pages of the second book in the series, Garnet, before I've even finished first book, Amethyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment